The new mobile app and software client is named “Made To Play” and offers a better poker environment. Now the entire platform is working to live up to that name.
The new tournament lineup and schedule has been completely reorganized with new events also added. That includes some nice prize pool guarantees.
What can 888poker tournament players expect?
888 is making an effort to bring more people into online poker. That means reaching players who may not be out to play as much online poker but still enjoy playing nice events.
This new collection of tournaments adds to those efforts and also appeal to more avid players. The new events include:
- Fewer re-entries
- More payouts
- Better options for recreational players
- More tournaments during prime time hours
The site has also added higher guarantees with more than $500,000 paid out each week. Tournaments have also been redesigned to be shorter, meaning less of a time commitment for average Joe players.
888’s new weekly highlights
The new daily tournament offerings include: six-max, progressive knockouts (PKO), deepstacks, turbos, and freezeouts. That also includes a daily “main event” as well as other new tournaments.
These Big Shot tournaments feature the biggest prize pools of the day. The $22 and $33 “mid” buy-in versions come with $15,000 guarantees. The $109 “high” version includes a $20,000 guarantee.
The Big Shot gets even bigger on Sunday with four versions of the tournament from $5.50 to $525. The $109 Big Shot Main Event features a $150,000 guarantee.
There’s also a $525 high roller Big Shot with a $100,000 guarantee. Here’s a look at the other new tournaments coming to 888poker:
- The Classic – A freezeout like poker in the “old days” – no rebuys and no re-entries with shorter late registration.
- The Dash – A fun group of tournaments at a turbo pace.
- The Mayhem – These fast-paced six-max tournaments bring plenty of action..
- The Rumble – Get in the bounty action with daily PKO tournaments. Knock out an opponent and a player collects part of the bounty. The other portion is added to the winner’s bounty – adding some nice fun as bounties escalate throughout the tournament.
- The Voyage – This is a deepstack tournament for players who have more time for the action. The extra chips allow for extra time to play.
Here’s a complete look at the schedule for some of the bigger new events throughout the week.
Event Stakes Tournament Buy-In Guarantee
MONDAY – SATURDAY Voyage Low Voyage $8.80 $3,000
Big Shot Mid Big Shot $33 $15,000
Rumble Mid PKO Rumble $22 $10,000
Big Shot High Big Shot 55 $55 $15,000
Big Shot Mid Big Shot $22 $15,000
Big Shot High Big Shot $109 $20,000
Mayhem High 6-Max Mayhem $55 $7,500
Dash Low Dash $8.80 $2,000
SUNDAY MAJORS Sunday Big Shot Low Big Shot $5.50 $5,000
Big Shot Mid Big Shot $33 $15,000
Big Shot $100K (2 day) High Big Shot $525 $100,000
Big Shot Main Event High Big Shot $109 $150,000
888poker giving away plenty of tournament tickets
To celebrate the new tournament schedule, 888poker is getting in the giving spirit. The site is offering players $200,000 in tournament tickets for the new events from Feb. 25 to April 2. Players can earn tickets through:
- Winner spinner events
- Random gift drops
- A “Discount Sale” through the 888poker loyalty club
Additionally, daily “no ticket needed” freerolls will also be rewarding seats and tickets to winners. These events will give away the majority of tickets throughout the promotion.
Along with these giveaways, 888 is also currently running the 24/7 Freerolls Festival. The series offers players more than $100,000 in round-the-clock freerolls running Feb. 10 to March 2. It’s a busy few weeks for 888 with plenty of value for players.