Global Poker has gotten into the holiday spirit with numerous promotions and tournaments throughout December. The U.S. and Canada-friendly site is offering players plenty of goodies with big tournaments but also plenty of promotions available throughout the month via its email newsletter and special offers on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
The Christmas Drop offers a chance to play in either of two series – one for Gold Coins and one for $weeps Cash, which is awarded for the purchase of Gold Coins and in can be earned in promotional tournaments. $weeps Cash, unlike Gold Coins, can be redeemed for cash.
As part of the fun, players can expect freerolls, special-edition avatars, time-limited promotions, photo competitions, and huge guarantees for Gold Coin and $weeps Cash games and tournaments. That includes numerous tournaments in the $11 to $33 range with some nice guarantees.
An example of the action is a $33 Christmas Turbo tournament on Dec. 21 featuring a SC$7,000 guarantee. An $11 event on Dec. 19 offers a prize pool of SC$3,000. PLO fans will enjoy a $22 tournament on Dec. 28 with a SC$4,500 guarantee.
The series also features two SC$55 tournaments on Dec. 23 and 30 with SC$10,000 and SC$15,000 guarantees. Here’s a look at some of the other offerings in the coming days:
- Dec. 8 – Look for three Pop-up Freerolls totaling SC$3,000 between 10 a.m. and 8 p.m. (EST). The tournaments will pop-up and be open for registration 60 mins before start time.
- Dec. 11-12 – The Daily Bonanza guaranteed prize pools receive boosts SC$500 per day for a total of SC$2,000 over two days.
- Dec. 13-14 – Finish among the Top 25 in the Daily Gold Rush Leaderboard and earn an exclusive Santa avatar.
- Dec. 15 – Three more Pop-up Freerolls totaling SC$2,000 between 10 a.m. and 8 p.m. Tournaments are open for registration 60 mins before start time after popping up.
- Dec. 18-19 – Like those Daily Hundos? The popular tournaments will feature double guarantees – a chance to win 100 times the SC$1 buy-in. Players qualify by playing at least 25 Gold Coin ring-game hands before the tournament starts and the challenge resets daily at 10 p.m.
- Dec. 20-21 – Play 100 Pot Limit Omaha Gold Coin ring-game hands and earn 100,000 GC and a Santa avatar.
- Dec. 24-25 – Play one of several hyper-turbo tournaments on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with a buy-in of SC$5.35 and guarantees from SC$150 to SC$500. Here are the tournament options:
- Breakfast Epiphanies – 7 a.m., 8.30 a.m., 10 a.m.
- Lunch Money – 12 p.m., 1.30 p.m., 3 p.m.
- Eyes Wide Shut – 12 a.m., 1.30 a.m., 3 a.m.
- Dec. 26-27 – Play 15 Gold Coin Sit and Go hands and earn GC 100,000.
For the complete Gold Coin and $weeps Cash Christmas Drop schedule, click here.